3 July 2012

First day at work with Passerelles numériques

CIST school of Passerelles numeriques in Phnom Penh CambodiaMonday was my first day at work in Cambodia. I visited the first school Passerelles numériques (PN) created in order to help disadvantaged students by getting access to a high level of education, and finding qualified employment. I’ve been friendly welcomed by the complete staff and students. The school building, located in Phnom Penh and built in 2005, is well situated, it has good facilities and offers the students a very good studying environment.

The training program of PN has been designed to provide students a set of professional skills, specific technical IT skills and they teach them to speak English fluently. The program is constantly updated to meet the growing needs of a constantly changing market.


I also had my first meetings with the fund raising-, internship- and job placement team. After graduating, the students can still count on Passerelles numériques support, thanks to this job placement service. I find it amazing that all students find a job within 3 months after graduating. Since 2005, 607 Cambodian students have graduated from this training center, from whom 358 completed a 2-year training program as IT technician. Now that’s what I consider a job well done!
My calendar for this week is scheduled, I will be mixing sales training's with brain storming sessions and also have some interesting visits to prospects planned. I am looking forward to it!

From left to right: Sopheak, Saroem, myself, also Sopheak (the same name is used for a male and female) and Channita.

Team of Passerelles numeriques and Yann Toutant

No comments:

Post a Comment